Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Some more leads.... more to come! and Hamilton!

Working on getting the entire inventory of leads online! There's lots more to come so keep checking! Thanks!

ETINCELLE SHOW LEADS link


Oh, we're also happy and sad to report that the final boy from our Maddie X Maverick litter is going to his new home tomorrow! It's so bittersweet for us because we have had such a hard time placing him (as he is strictly a pet), and not many people seem to know about the pointer breed! "Hamilton" (Envy & Takara's Affirmed) will be going to a wonderful home here in Texas! Paisley will be so sad because she is VERY attached to him!

Hamilton was our last puppy born in the litter and was stuck in the birth canal for hours. I figured he would have died, and the vet didn't want to section her till the AM. Maddie was exhausted, because the puppies were HUGE!! (between 20 and 25 ounces!!) So I had counted four. I had bet my stepfather $10 there would be 4 in the litter and he said 5. I went to bed about 2 AM (finally! after nearly 10 hours of whelping!) and the next morning, I walked into the puppy room and surprise! There he was, nursing away! I couldn't believe he was alive! So all of a sudden, my stepfather won the $10 bet.... and since Alexander Hamilton is on that bill, he acquired that name.... just a cute story I think.

Anyway, we're sad to see our "miracle"puppy go, but so excited that he has such a great home with 10 acres and 2 other dogs to play with!

Hammy!


He always did look a little like Eeyore! Poor puppy!!


"Hamma Bamma" (just one of his many nicknames!)... He is SUCH a lover! He is so much like PArker in his personality it's scary! He cuddles all the time!


Can I have some more treats momma?


Happy "Ham-Bone"!

1 comment:

PlumRidgeDogs said...

Great story!!! I know the 'stuck in the canal story all too well!' I have had two pups from two different moms do that lately. One pup lived (Gabby's) and one pup did not (Spirit's) both Mom's ended up with sections to finish their litters!! Glad Maddie didn't need one!!!
Welcome to the joys of whelping!!!